On 15-May-98 Jil Tardiff wrote:
> I apologize in advance for the "newbie" question, but I'm just not sure
> where to start...

No problem, this is a good place to start.

> I have my main computer at home running Win95 and Linux. I am trying to
> move as much functionality to Linux as possible (for obvious reasons!).
>
> There are 2 other Win95 machines at home and all 3 computers have Linksys
> PCI Ethernet III cards in them and are networked for file and printer
> sharing under Win95.
>
> Since I don't want to have to boot to Win95 just to access the other
> machines I would like to set up networking among all 3 from Linux.
>
> I will admit that I haven't even managed to get my Ethernet card "found"
> by Linux as yet (I'm contemplating my first kernel compile), but I don't
> even know *which* HOWTO to start with to accomplish my goal.

The ethernet card really should already be supported.  Did you try and configure
ethernet support during the RH installation?

If your ambitious, you could start with the RH web site, and find the online
documentation, which should help to fill in some of the missing pieces..

Dave