On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 20:32, Peter Davie wrote:

> "eth0 has an alias to module eepro100 in modules.conf, instead of
> currently loaded module CDC Ethernet Class! <OK>"
>
> ifconfig reports eth0 is there but it cannot activate it. I've worked
> around the problem by creating eth1 pointing to the same hardware (Intel
> EtherPro 100B) which works but it is not a fix.

What is the content of your modules.conf
What is the content of your /etc/sysconfig/network
and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ?
What is the output of "lsmod"

Have you tried "re" installing those same RPMS again with
the --force --replacepkgs options?

It is possible that some RPM had post-install scripts to
run after being installed that it didn't get around to
due to the hardware failure of your CDROM.

-Ben.