[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 1998, Anand P. Kale wrote:
>
> >             Does anyone has the idea if ORACLE is available on Linux ?
>
> It isn't.  But there is a sizable number of people at Oracle who think it
> should be ported.  Tell them you want it and it might do some good.
>
> I don't know whether the SCO version might run under iBCS.  I doubt that
> it would.

Look at:
http://www.pauck.de/marco/misc/oracle_on_linux.htmlhttp://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Oracle-HOWTO.html

> Also please don't quote the entire digest in your post, it will cause a
> whole new digest to be sent out just for your message.  And will also
> aggravate everyone. :)

You should try Adabas D. It is a RDBMS that can be used in ORACLE7 Mode. There
is a free Personal Edition for Linux available.

http://www.softwareag.com/corporat/solutions/datamanage/adabasd/venividi.htm

Mattias Kunkel