William T Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 1998, Anand P. Kale wrote:
>
> >             Does anyone has the idea if ORACLE is available on Linux ?
>
> It isn't.  But there is a sizable number of people at Oracle who think it
> should be ported.  Tell them you want it and it might do some good.
>
> I don't know whether the SCO version might run under iBCS.  I doubt that
> it would.

I have no basis for disputing your doubts, but we _have_ had very good luck
making large, complex SCO apps run with nothing other than iBCS and the
proper, normal configuration (user setups, permissions, jazz like that).

If Oracle won't work currently, I suspect that the port job could be a breeze.

Just my .02

-m