Robert Hailman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 4 Jun 98, :

> >I then deceided to use the normal fdisk to make the particions.
> >This seemed to work fine. The install proceeds , I format the
> >partitions, I select virtually everything to install, and at the point
> >where I guess it should start copying the stuff from the CD, I get the
> >following error
> >
> >"Mount failed:Invalid argument"
> >What am I doing wrong? How do I get around this?

> If you have chosen to mount the dos partitions, you will get a problem
> (Linux can't read fat32). I don't know if this is after where you are or
> before, because I haven't installed in the last few months :)

Thanks Robert, you hit the nail on the head :-)
I now get as far as installing everything & then I have to say where
the boot stuff must go. If I choose my either of of 2 hard disks I simply
get an error. (I assume because of fat32 partitions). I am happy to boot
linux using a floppy disk but I don't get given the option to do so.

How do I make a boot disk to fire up Linux, I now have it installed with
no way of firing it up :-(

Mike Hesse
P.O.Box 613         Tel & Fax (H) +2711-475-4619
Cresta                   Tel (W)+2711-706-1217
2118                     Fax (W) +2711-706-7608
South Africa