On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, W.D.McKinney wrote:

> Mika Koivisto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I just installed RH5.1 and xv works just fine.
> > besides why use xv when you can use ee (Electric Eyes). It rocks.
>
> Well I've got XV to do everything I like. What does ee do that
> XV doesn't ?

For starters, it's under the GPL, not shareware, so it's really free (no
definition of free flames, please). Next, it is integrated with GNOME,
which is IMHO definitely where the Linux desktop is headed. Also, it
supports every image format supported by imlib, which is basically all of
them. XV may come close, but not quite. The one downside to ee is that it
is in the very early stages of development (version 0.1), but it is
already quite good, Rasterman knows what he is doing, and I think that it
will almost completely replace xv by this time next year.