Did I say that!? Oh pooh! :)

> There are others.  Here's one:
>
> Make a big ol' FAT partition large enough to copy your files
> onto.  Boot a
> DOS disk with your CD driver, and copy the files over.
>
> Install Linux off the FAT partition.
>
> Later, nuke that FAT partition and use it for something else.
>
> Not the best solution, admittedly, but it is a solution.
>

> Another would be making a custom install floppy with the
> right drivers, once
> you figure out how to set them up.  That's probably the
> preferred solution,
> if a spare IDE CDROM is unavailable.

I bow to your accuracy. This is an option and I fail to say them. Bad me! :0
There is one problem with the first suggestion though, I don't think there
is enought space on his system to do it. He's got 324mb on hda and 124mb(!)
on hdb. Is that enough? I seem to recall that basic install is some approx.
150mb in size but the whole CD?!?!
I like the second suggestion better.

Paul Pettit      \      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCB, Inc.         \     CTO      \     800-342-4222x114 fax:800-440-5036
http://www.ccbnpts.com        \    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ccbministries.com  \  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The #1 location for non-profit, academic, and religious computer
supplies.

"And down under all those piles of stuff, the secret was written: We
build our computers the way we build our cities -- over time, without a
plan, on top of ruins."
           -- Ellen Ullman, Software Engineer / Author, on Windows et.
all.

http://www.salon21st.com/21st/feature/1998/05/cov_12feature.html