> AFAIK no.  Also from personal experiance, only use NIS+ if you have a
> really LARGE installation (many computers over many sites).  The admin
> headache of NIS+ is gigantic.  So bad that even Sun Microsystems the
> inventors of NIS+ don't even use it!

No, exactly the opposite.  Once you reach 3000 users, NIS+ chokes.  And
the admin headaches are only if you have problems.  The day-to-day usage
of NIS+ isn't that bad, and solaris has some graphical tools to facilitate
most operations.

I guess it depends on what you consider LARGE.  Large to me is more than
like 7000 or so users, and it also depends on what these users are going
to be doing.  If its simply shell accounts, NIS+ isn't difficult at all.

True, when you have a problem, it can be pretty severe, and an incredible
process to fix it when its broken.

Dave