On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Robert Hart wrote:
[...]
>We are supporting Linuxconf - I expect you will see the first fruits of
>this in the next version of Red Hat Linux (whenever that occurs :-). I
>also expect that Linuxconf will manage only a few things at first...

Could you provide some more information on Linuxconf?  I'm specifically
interested in whether Linuxconf can be used in a non-graphical
environment (on a system without X installed), whether it can be used
non-interactively (from scripts), and whether it has any support for
remote/distributed management.

I work for an ISP.  We've got several boxes that share a lot of
configuration information (password files, server configuration files,
etc.).  The idea of a robust, full-featured configuration system is very
appealing, but I'm concerned whether folks in situations such as mine will
be able to take advantage of it.  I'm also concerned that, if Linuxconf
is *not* designed to handle such a situation, whether its integration into
the operating system would actually *disrupt* operation of our systems.

--
    Steve Coile