On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Vidiot wrote:

> I thinking of bringing up the 2.1.96 kernel.
>
> Has anyone set up Redhat so that a good/working 2.0.32 kernel and all of its
> stuff is available for use in case something goes wrong with a newer kernel?
>
> I suspect that the best thing would be to have a separate partition that is
> bootable from LILO, with the good distribution bootable as well.

Sounds like too much work to be useful. :) Why not just have multiple kernels
that you choose which one to boot from the lilo prompt. For example
in addition to having choices like linux dos windoze etc. Set up linux-2.0.33
linux-2.1.96 etc. Lilo does this easially. IIRC the newer programs
required for 2.1.x are backwards compatiable.

Hope this helps.

......Tom                       "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

         Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.