On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Phillip Johnson wrote:

> I know I am being dense, but if I just point to a different kernel using lilo,
> how do I get past the module dependencies?  It seems to me like I have deleted
> the old modules during the kernel compile.  How do you get around this?
>
> Phil
> (feeling stupid)

Not a stupid question, actually you made me think about it for a minute BUT
I remembered the answer. The modules for different version kernels are kept
in different directories. For example modules for 2.0.33 are
kept in /lib/modules/2.0.33 modules for 2.1.96 would be
in /lib/modules/2.1.96. So it should not matter as long as you build
the modules and install them for a particular kernel.

......Tom                       "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

         Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.