On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Maurice Wick wrote:

> Whenever I run Glint (in RH5.1) it spits the dummy about 2/3rds the way
> through and returns this....
>
> [root@guss rpms]# glint
> Glint Graphical Package Manager -- version 2.6
> Copyright (C) 1998 - Red Hat Software
> This may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU Public
> License
> Exception in Tkinter callback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/var/tmp/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line
> 752, in __call__
>     return apply(self.func, args)
>   File "./glint.py", line 62, in available
>     availablePackageSet = PackagePathSet(currentPackagePath)
>   File "./packageset.py", line 157, in __init__
>     self.setPath(path)
>   File "./packageset.py", line 147, in setPath
>     package = AvailablePackage(file)
>   File "./package.py", line 242, in __init__
>     if (not result):
> NameError: result
> [root@guss rpms]#

There was a problem with the glint shipped with redhat-5.1. Upgrade
to the latest one on the redhat site.

However I suspect the above error is caused because glint finds a
non-rpm file in the directory it is searching. On the redhat site
for instance, there is a directory called jpeg in the updates
directory and this causes glint to hang. So check your directory
and make sure all the files are .rpm.

Regards,

Tony.
Tony Molloy.                        e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Manager.
Dept. of CSIS.                      Phone:   +353-61-202778 (DL)
Univ. of Limerick.                           +353-61-333644 ext. 2778
Ireland.                            Fax:     +353-61-330876