On Thu, 14 May 1998, Edmunds, Keith wrote:

> I'm looking for tools that let an application build
> dynamically-generated web pages from a database. Ideally I'd like to use
> Apache as the web server, but that isn't essential.
>
> All the tools I've found so far are for Windows or NT. Any pointers to
> tools which will run under Linux would be appreciated.

Keith,

I was recently looking for that very thing!  I thought I was going to
need to write a whole bunch of Perl code, but then I came across PHP3, an
HTML-embedded scripting language.  It contains a wide range of functions,
allowing you to use it in association with dBASE, Sybase, FilePro, mSQL,
MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL (what I am using), and others.  I have only been
working with it for a couple of days, but I have already been able to
display dynamic inventory and order processing pages.  It can be run as a
CGI program, or as an Apache module.  It looks like a very powerful
tool--and it's GNU General Public License!  (Take that, M$! ;)

http://www.php.net
http://www.postgresql.org

Cheers,
Mike