On Thu, 28 May 1998, Vidiot wrote:

> >The memory requirements of the installer perhaps need reviewing?
> >Chris
>
> I hate to say this, but your memory configuration needs reviewing.  The
> amount you have is really small.  You should be at 16MB, if not 32MB.
> Yes, Linux will work with 8MB, but very slowly.

Bullshit. Linux will do some tasks _very fast_ with 8Mb. The machine in
question happily is a caching nameserver and a very fast one.

Many Linux routers and/or firewalls need practically nothing user space
running, and motor along in 4Mb.

Of course my personal machines tend to have 64Mb.

Anyway all this isn't the issue. If RedHat claim "minimum 8Mb" then this
should be adhered to.

Chris