Chris> On 28 May 1998, Brian Gorka wrote:
Chris> The memory requirements of the installer perhaps need
Chris> reviewing?

>> I can verify this on my toshiba 1900 8M laptop.  Disk thrashing out
>> the wazoo...

Chris> I'm glad it's not just me inventing problems. Did the install
Chris> effectively stop by over-vigourous thrashing? Or did you manage
Chris> to get somewhere? Of course, if the damn thing would only get
Chris> as far as "swapon" stage.

Chris> I also saw the kernel message "bdflush() called, going back to
Chris> sleep" or similar. Maybe buffers are building up and exhausting
Chris> memory this way because of some dubious redhat install kernel
Chris> patch?

I got this bdflush() message on a 128M machine today.  I did not use
the mem=128M line, so I probably had 64 megs visible to linux at the
time.

rob