Mark Rogers wrote:

> Win95 can dial into my machine great everything works, win3.x using
> Trumpet winsock (any version), dials, gets authenticated, is assigned an
> IP address and then no data gets over the line.
>
> This happens regardless of any ppp settings I've tried or anything else,
> this is only with ppp-2.3.3-4
>  Win3.1 all I get after the
> local and remote IP messages is this.
>
> ppp frame with bad fcs excess = 683c

Well Mark looks like you had to answer your own damn question. I guess there will
be others with the same problem so here goes.
I fixed it so Windows3.1 people can dial up using trumpet winsock by putting

asyncmap a0000

in the "/etc/ppp/options" file.

So there you go. Don't even ask me how many different configs I tried before it
worked :(
begin:          vcard
fn:             Mark Rogers
n:              Rogers;Mark
org:            NRG
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:          Sys Admin / Network Manager / Dare Devil
note;quoted-printable:Our new motto: "You don't know how lucky you are!"=0D=0A=
	http://www.funkcity.com.au
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1