I've got a fresh install of Red Hat 5.1, nothing changed whatsoever,
and I wanted to take a look at what was on the second CD.
Unfortuantely, when I run:

mount /mnt/cdrom

I get the error:

mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

My first thought was this is crazy - the default Red Hat setup doesn't
support CD's? This can't be right. Anyhow, I started looking into
rebuilding the kernel, but my /usr/src/linux directory contains
nothing but an include directory, no makefiles or anything.

I've never rebuilt a kernel, but I just know there's got to be more in
that dir than an include folder. Also, since I can't get to my CD, I
can't get the files I'm missing! (Getting stuff over a network is not
yet an option for this machine, either.) So, do I really need to
rebuild the kernel, or what else can I do to access my CD?

Thanks,
Mike Clifton