> I know absolutely nothing about the how-to's or the how-not-to's.
> Subscribing to this litserv was suposed to help but you folx are way
> over my wee-little head.

Not really.  It'll all get clear once you get passed the steep learning
curve.

> All questions and/or statements are based on not having a clue what I'm
> doing (the story of my life.  8-> )

Anyone who makes the attemp to move from MS to Linux, is not clueless :)

> How to I partiton my HDD (Western Digital Caviar 4GB ATA Model 4000RTL)
> without blowing out Win95?  I had 4 partitions but I'm willing the blow
> the F:\ drive which will give Linux 921 MB to live in.  from what I
> understand that should be more than enough.

Well, here is what I did.  When I brought my computer home from the store
it had a 3.2 gig drive partitioned into 1 primary (C:), 1 extended (which
contains 3 logicals (D:, E:, G:).  What I did was move *everything* from
the extended partion (D:, E:, F:) to the primary partition (C:).  Then, I
ran the fdisk program that came with Linux and blew away the enire
extended partion.  I then lopped off a nice chunk for Linux and made an
extended partion for Windoze (logicals D: and E:) with the leftovers.

*REMINDER*
Partitioning is dangerous, so I can't be held responsible for
lost data.  This did work for me, and I've suggested it to others who
had no problems, but you never know.

Good Luck!!

Brian Eith
UW-Madison Computer Sciences