Linux: RedHat 5.0
WM: AfterStep (and fvwm2)
CPU: Cx686
RAM: 48M
Screen: 1024x768x24 (using wabi-2.2B)

Worked fine since installation, now it locks up the system.
Program loads (showing clouds), but does not display
font loading progress bar.  Used to invoke with
wabi -SF &         and have even tried     wabi &
with no luck.

Tried to uninstall wabi (wabi and optprep), but it complained
that the opt directory was not empty.  Tried again, and I got
an error "Can't get exclusive lock on database"

Tried to install wabi again - won't install.

Questions:  How do I clean up this mess?

How do I get an exclusive lock on the database?

Don't ask why I have to use wabi - I want to use
linux, but am forced to use M$ products (access and
word) by my school.  So I have to compromise.

Speaking of school, this (of course) comes at a most
horrific time as I have a presentation due in 10 days
and wabi won't play.

I appreciate any assistance you might provide.

George