George Toft wrote:

> Linux: RedHat 5.0
> WM: AfterStep (and fvwm2)
> CPU: Cx686
> RAM: 48M
> Screen: 1024x768x24 (using wabi-2.2D)
>
> Worked fine since installation, now it locks up the system.
> Program loads (showing clouds), but does not display
> font loading progress bar.  Used to invoke with
> wabi -SF &         and have even tried     wabi &
> with no luck.

Here's the scoop (for those who may have the same problem).
Since I'm permanently (?!?) connected to the net via a
cable modem, eth0 is active and connected.  If my cable
company goes down (twice), or logs me out (once), then
eth0 talks but gets nothin back.

For some really silly reason, wabi AND Netscape Communicator
REQUIRE the network to be up and running.  If the cable
company goes down, I must inactivate eth0 and everything
will work fine (I guess it goes through lo instead).  When
cable comes back up, I activate eth0 and login.

Many thanks to David Woodhouse for pointing me in the
right direction.

George