I have redhat 4.2 installed using XFree86 and AfterStep 1.0.  When I set
up my video card settings during install I took a very conservative
route.  I am now noticing a slight screen flicker after installing
AfterStep.

My settings are as follows:

Video Card: Diamond Stealth64 video 2001 Series (2121/2201) S3 Trio64V+
with 2 Meg ram.
1024x768 at 16bpp

Monitor: ViewSonic G771
I used the following Custom settings:
Non-Interlaced SVGA, 1024x768 @ 60 Hz
Vertical Sync Range 50-90
Video Memory: 2048 k
clockchip: No Clockchip setting
Video Mode: 16 bit: 1024x768

The specs in my monitor's manual show the following:

User Definable Timings:

1024x768  Maximum Refresh Rate (Hz) 87

The Sync setting on my screen shows:
    fH 48.4 kHz
    fV 60.0  Hz

I hadn't noticed this flicker with the default manager (fvwm95
I think).  Is there a setting I need to change or is everything OK?

Thanks,

Kent