On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 08:33:57PM -0500, Patrick T. Berry wrote:
> If you want to help me "kick butt", and you think that expanding the user base
> will
> help, let me know what hardware you have and like that works, so I can build the
> best box for decent cost.

I'm not very well acquainted with PC-style hardware: I live in the
Unix workstation world, so I know about Sun and DEC hardware, but I
don't feel I'm in much of a position to comment on Intel configurations.

I will tell you, though, that used Sparc 2's stuffed with large disks
and lots of memory still make excellent single-user systems. Their
biggest downfall is the cost of the graphics card and monitor; I'd
love to find a 24-bit card and corresponding monitor that didn't cost
an arm and a leg.

---Rsk