-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Larry Brown
Sent: 07 January 2003 22:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Windows 2000 slow with Linux 7.3

I successfully run samba with win2k all the time.  True, I get the red x on
mappings until I open the drive and it opens fine.  I haven't had problems
though with apps that use it for storage such as quickbooks and programs
that use a common storage location for the main files.  I haven't had an app
yet that fails with rh as the storage for shared files.  I have had network
problems cause what you are describing and hardware failures that do the
same.  If you haven't already do some network tests to see if you are
loosing packets and some hardware diag even if it is new.  If you need, I
can get you a copy of my config file for samba, but if you can connect at
one point and later it fails then the config file shouldn't be the problem.
If it is configured improperly a function just won't work, not work
intermittently.  At least with my experience.

Larry S. Brown
Dimension Networks, Inc.
(727) 723-8388