I just built a new RH 8.0 box.  I have been trying to build various packages
from their source RPMS and have found two (what I consider quite serious
issues).

1)  rpmbuild -ba gcc32.spec does not work on an RH 8.0 box using a standard
RH 8.0 intall with all the development tools installed.  I already griped
about this on this list a couple of days ago together with the errors.

2)  make rpm against the kernel sources fails miserably.  I found that at
towards the end of the make script, RH is doing a rpm -ta ...  Instead of a
rpmbuild ta ...   After changing the rpm to rpmbuild I was able to make an
RPM out of my custom kernel.

I am concerned now that RH is not doing QA on the source RPMS.  I fail to
see how they could distribute the binary RPMS for gcc32 and the kernel
(these are two source RPMS that have build issues that I have found so far)
if the source RPMS will not build on RH 8.0.  Is it possible that RH is
building the RPMS from the source RPMS on a platform other than RH 8.0 and
not bothering to test the build on RH 8.0?

--Moby