Hi!  I really appreciate your time on this.

I have joined a local internet peering group hence the need for OSPF,
apparently the resulting routing table is huge and no way to do it via
static routes.  The people upstream from me use BSD and configured their
ospf on their Cisco router (which I don't have) hence they are not much
help to me on RH5 (though they are keen to help where they can).

I have a suggested gated.conf from them which I am starting to understand,
it's more the RH5 issues that I need to deal with right now.  One entry in
the log that bothers me is "task_get_proto: getprotobyname("ospf") failed,
using proto 89"

>From there it appears to start installing routes but then starts repeating
over and over about a source gateway not being on the same net.  I have
sent a copy of the log to the ISP for a perusal.

It's also issues like getting confirmation that I should remove routed etc
that would help me here.

>From what I know once I get this running I can basically forget about it
and let it all go about it's work.

Willie