Words by Gordon Messmer [Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:55:37PM -0800]:
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 15:45, Buck wrote:
> > Nodeps is no dependants.  That is why it is more likely to disrupt your
> > system.
>
> I know what it is.  Nodeps doesn't make dependencies go away, though.
> It just won't warn you before it installs a package that isn't going to
> work on your system.
>
> Using --nodeps is more likely to disrupt your system than anything else
> I can think of, except for 'rm -rf'

No. I can think of another thing, more disruptable than --nodeps
(although less than rm -rf of course); to reboot, choose upgrade from the
boot disc and let redhat scriptorama do it. I always backup before.

Doing that for 2 years now with no major problems.

Of course I'm not convinced I do the right thing...

--
Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc