On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Robert Adkins wrote:

> Everyone,
>
>       We can go back and forth all day about how MS creates inherently
> insecure systems, flame war back and forth about this or that until we
> are all blue in the face. However, this is a Red Hat mutual support list,
> not a  Microsoft Flame War list.

sorry, my motivation for that original post was not primarily to
slam microsoft, but to point out that the current U.S. government's
draft for cybersecurity:

1) carefully avoided laying any specific blame by name,
2) made absolutely *no* mention of the possibility of the use
   of open source to increase security, and
3) most hysterically, specifically named windows and linux as
   operating systems for home and small business use

i just thought the irony was worth sharing.

rday