On January 28, 2003 10:38 am, Bret Hughes wrote:
> I suspect that linux system vulnerabilities don't get the press is that
> there are not as many of them out there and that the average linux
> user/admin is WAY more cognizant of what is running on his box and as a
> result more apt to keep up with the updates.  RHN and the like are tools
> that should help keep systems updated and massive attacks like this on
> the linux platform to a minimum.

one might also consider the lack of good firewalling in a lot of office
networks.  users often think that since they're behind this magical firewall,
they don't need to update their software.  but since these firewalls are all
too often built allowing internal machines unhindered access to the world
(rather than filtering what gets forwared BOTH ways) stuff like this more
possible.

--
"one world, one web, one program" -  microsoft promotional ad
"ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer" -  adolf hitler