On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Mike McMullen wrote:

> server  time.nist.gov prefer
> server  ns.arc.nasa.gov prefer
> server  tick.usno.navy.mil prefer

You can only prefer one server in each stratum. And unless you *really*
know what you are doing, you should never use prefer to point to any
server other than your LAN's local master clock anyway, and NEVER EVER
prefer your local system clock--unless it happens to have a built-in
Cesium atomic clock. =)

Remove the prefer keywords, and restart your ntp service. Also, make sure
that you don't have "restrict default ignore" in your configuration. The
bright minds at Red Hat apparently think that ignoring all NTP packets is
a useful thing for the service to do.

If you still have trouble, post your ntp.conf and the output of "ntpq -p"
so that we can help you troubleshoot further.

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"