don't put down redhat until you know the facts..

for one redhat does provide updates, the 30 days your thinking of is the
install tech support that comes with the prepackaged product.

have you registered your computer through rhn_register? if not try it,
basic service which is free, lets you update one computer.

--
Doug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>