Hello,

I'm new to linux and have got to produce a HNC1 assignment on OS for a CAD
company with 100 clients. The two being windows 2000 and Linux
Redhat/Mandrake and I have a few questions.

What advantages would redhat give in regards to client/server applications?

What software would I need to run for firewall/email etc and are the packages
included with Redhat. ?

How would a Redhat server with windows clients be implemented in the way of
software and hardware connections?

Is it possible to connect a windows 2000 server to a Redhat server which
would be used for the companys firewall and email system and how would this
be implemented.

Also what would be the minimum system requirements for the server and the
clients.

I have heard from various sorces that linux is good for webservers/email
servers but would they operate just as well  as application servers?

Would it be possible to run Linux cad software on the linux server as all
clients would neeed to use the software.

Many Thanks

Paul Spencer