From: Anthony E. Greene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 9:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What is the disadvantage of Linux firewall, rather then
using ready to use firewall (checkpoint, trustix, cyberguard, watchguard
etc)

Dave Ihnat wrote:
> Relying on the infallibility of your software and administration as your
> only defense is, to be blunt--and I have been in these posts, far more
> than I usually am, because I'm quite worried that someone will believe
> your approach--naieve and dangerous.

I agree. Anyone who wishes to do this is welcome to try. Like Dave, I am
only responding because I think it's irresponsible to recommend that
course of action to newbies.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/