On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 08:21, Anthony E. Greene wrote:
> Dave Ihnat wrote:
> > Relying on the infallibility of your software and administration as your
> > only defense is [...] naive and dangerous.

Amen.

Why someone would choose to deprecate a tool which does no harm and
provides an ADDITIONAL layer of defense and protection is beyond me.
Been doing this for a long time... it is either stupidity or hubris to
claim that a tool has no value just because you could theoretically
(VERY theoretically) live without it.

Might as well try to tell me that you're such a fantastic driver you
have no need for insurance.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz