Nicholas Fitzgerald said:
> Feb 21 20:40:12 dns
> sendmail[19531]: h1M4eCqe019529: to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> ctladdr=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (48/48), delay=00:00:00,
> xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=30387, relay=icesource.com.
> [66.12.123.173], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by
> icesource.com.

ok. I think I understand the problem. There are 4 solutions that
I can think of off the top of my head:

first one is to run a nameserver on your local network where
icesource.com/axelis.com is, and host a copy of the zone icesource.com
and point the MX for icesource.com to 127.0.0.1.

second one is to enable sendmail to recieve connections on
the ethernet interface. The proper way would be to edit
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc and rebuild sendmail.cf but you can
edit sendmail.cf directly(reccomend backing it up first).
Looks like there is this option in my setup:
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

on line 262 of my sendmail.cf it will probably be on a nearby
line on yours. Commenting it out and restarting sendmail allowed
sendmail to listen on all network interfaces.

third option I think would be to address mail @localhost, e.g.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] from my redhat machine I did a:

echo "test" | mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

and my mail log showed:

Feb 21 21:01:50 redhat sendmail[13025]: h1M51nn13025: from=root, size=25,
class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Feb 21 21:01:50 redhat sendmail[13028]: h1M51nn13025: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local,
pri=30025, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

(note it is using mailer=local)

fourth option is to use a mail hub(smarthost), which is something
I use for my networks. All my servers have postfix listening on
loopback, I configure the mail hub to recieve mail for those
servers. All the other servers relay all email to the mail hub,
and the mail hub sends it on to my mailbox(on yet another server).
I do this since most of my servers use the mail system for
reports and stuff, but all of them except the real mail servers
have no users on the system that recieve mail, so I forward
mail via the mailhub.

Once I saw the log entries it took a minute or 2 but I realized
I just helped another guy on this on his mandrake box not long
ago, though his was slightly different, had to do with static NAT
mapping, but the result was the same, the system was sending mail
to a "local" IP but the connection was being refused.

easy problem, easy solutions(well some of them) :)

good luck

nate