On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Christian Brink wrote:

> Has anyone successfully setup CRAM-MD5 and/or DIGEST-MD5 SMTP AUTH using
> sendmail on RH 8.0.?
>
> I think I have the sendmail.mc file setup correctly, but all I get is LOGIN
> and PLAIN from EHLO.
> I have cyrus-sasl install and running and I have complied the mc to cf.
>
> parts of sendmail.mc:
>
> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN
> PLAIN')dn
>

> EHLO response from smtp:
>
> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250-SIZE
> 250-DSN
> 250-ETRN
> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
> 250-DELIVERBY
> 250 HELP
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christian Brink

Yes, I'm using CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 with sendmail as shipped in Redhat
8.0.  If I remember correctly you have to use the DONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL
directive to make the sasldb group readable.  Check in the sendmail
README.cf docs.

If you still have problems get back to me.  I've just got home and am too
tired to go throught the stuff right now...time for bed!

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer