Hey,  This is confusing me even more.  The RH 7.2 PPP dialer used to work with the modem and it showed up on the hardware browser.  What's up with 8.0?

Thanks for the other info.... checking into it..
Dante

Gordon wrote:
Dante Bell wrote:
Hi, got minicom setup.  BTW, I'm using an intel motherboard with a PIII cpu. I got a bad null modem cable, but had a question about setting up minicom.  How do I know which port (serial) is the DB9 connector on the motherboard?

output from setserial gives ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# setserial /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# setserial /dev/ttyS1
/dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# setserial /dev/ttyS2
/dev/ttyS2, UART: unknown, Port: 0x03e8, IRQ: 4
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# setserial /dev/ttyS4
/dev/ttyS4, UART: unknown, Port: 0xffffffff, IRQ: 0

There is a modem in a PCI slot, but it doesn't show up in the hardware browser.  Should it?  Could this be ttyS0 or ttyS1 ?

--
Signature Danté Bell

1434 Lewis Drive
Lakewood, OH 44107