> Christian Campbell wrote:
> | I have intermediate experience with Linux.  Even less with mail servers.
> | I'm running a RedHat 8 server that needs to accept mail from the world
as
> | our primary mailserver.  I'm debating as to whether I should use
> postfix or
> | sendmail (or something else).  Anyone have any pros/cons to either of
> these?
> | I'd like something simple, secure and have the option of doing some
> type of
> | spam catching with some type of package (open source, free / cheep) that
> | integrates easily.  Any and all help appreciated!
> |
> | Christian

Hello!

I am using sendmail and except for some little problems that I have with
firewall (I am trying to solve them and I probably will) everything works
fine.

You can use sendmail to receive and send mail to and from the world.

You have to set the MX point at DNS to you domain and to avoid SPAM you must
put something like this in the the file /etc/mail/access:

localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY
200.19.109                      RELAY

200.19.109 is the ip class I use. You must use yours.

Eng. Deleo Paulo Ribeiro Junior
55 48 231-1637
55 48 233-0081
[EMAIL PROTECTED]