Besides looking though the standard logfiles... /var/log/maillog and
possibly your apache logfiles, have you considered that maybe one of your pc
clients on your network has a virus that installed its own MTA?? FWIW: I
configure my firewall to "only" allow the ip address of our mail server to
send outbound e-mails. All others are blocked.

Steve Cowles