On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Pat Hennessy wrote:

> > >I would insert here:
> > >
> > >mkdir linux-2.1.93
> > >ln -s linux-2.1.93 linux
> > >

> > I'd rather do this:
> >
> > mv linux linux-2.1.93
> > ln -s linux-2.1.93 linux
> >
> > But, I'm sure that's what you meant. ;)
> >

> > Dan
>
> Well actually i do that, but i trying out being quick and to the point.
> ;)

Wait a minute.. what YOU'VE got there will rename linux (which in a
distribution contains 2.0.31) to 2.1.93 and then you'll drop 2.1.93 in
overtop of 2.0.31, destroying it. This seems fundamentally bad to me to
destroy the 2.0.31 src until AFTER you've finished installing and testing
the 2.1.93.

Or is it just me.