On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Mohammed Ennasar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new user of Linux, i installed the RedHat 6.0, 2.2.5-15 Kernel.
>
> 1 - I will compile the kernel by the command line 'make xconfig' in X
>     window or 'menuconfig' in console,the result is the line bellow:
>
>     make : ** No rule to make target 'xconfig'.  Stop.

Are you in /usr/src/linux? Is there a Makefile there? If there is no
Makefile, then you haven't installed the sources of the kernel yet. There are
rpms of the sources of the kernel in your RedHat CD. Remember, you have to
bee root to compile, but that error says that it can't find the line
corresponding to the xconfig option.

> 2 - Normaly the X window start in the first resolution in the modes
>     line, I will change this resolution but i can't do that by pressing
>     CTRL-ALT-KEYPAD+ or CTRL-ALT-KEYPAD-.

You must check which resolutions your video card is supporting (all this
depending on the configuration you made to XFree).

Good Luck, :-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall