On Thu, 28 May 1998, Miroslaw Wodniak wrote:
> Looks like you're looking for RAID Level 1 solution. There was an article in
> Sysadmin (I think) not a long time ago, yes, I just found that. Look for
>June's
> > We are getting ready to setup RH5 Box that will have 2 identical drives.
> > We want to mirror these drives exactly in realtime incase one fails

Check the Software-RAID mini-howto (see /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini). Be aware that
since at least RH5.0 the default Red Hat kernel has had software RAID support
compiled into it for everything but the root/boot partitions, so you can
ignore the parts about how to compile a new kernel. You *WILL* need to download
the RAID-tools mentioned in that howto -- inexplicably, Red Hat does not
appear to have included them.

Eric Lee Green       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Linux & Educational Administration computer solutions
         http://members.tripod.com/~e_l_green