On 11:23 03 Mar 2003, Myhre, Julie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I have an unusual (and not consistently repeatable) file creation problem.
|
| My user kicks off a shell script that makes several calls to an executable.  The
executable takes several parameters, one of them being an output filename (thus it is
repeated in the script to break up the
| output files into something manageable).
|
| Occasionally the output file is created with "?" tacked to the end of the filename.
He has not  been able to make this happen if he just types the executable and
parameters at the prompt.  But when he uses a
| script, it happens sporadically.  The script doesn't have any #!/bin/sh  at the top
- he simply entered all the command lines into a file.

| It may be related to the executable, but since I don't have the source for the
binary, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has seen this behavior on their Linux box
before I talked to the vendor of this binary
| code.

Are you _sure_ there's a question mark as part of the name?
What command are you using to show this?
You may need to show us the script, too.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Does your mother know you're on Usenet this late?
        - Rico the Masher, [EMAIL PROTECTED]