I would have to say that it is entirely possible. Mandrake used
to display a small image of Tux in the top left corner of the console
during the boot-up. I also recall seeing something about running a TV
application (YES Moving Images!) using the frame buffer in a text
console.

        It was absolutely amazing to hear about the second part. In both
cases, I believe that you are seriously limited as to what size image
you can display. It would be okay for simple glimpses, but not really
detailed looks at an image.

        I also believe that it would be impossible to do over an SSH or
other network connection. I believe that you need to be sitting directly
in front of the local terminal to get that to work.

        (I imagine that you are asking this to be able to do this over a
network connection, right?)

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer