Anyone out there know if gnome 2.2 will ever be ported to RH 8.0, or
maybe theyre doing it for 8.2. I tried the ximian, but it was
conflicting badly with all the distro redhat stuff(ok, and i find the
gui config stuff handy, too. I think maybe ximian desktop, which uses
gnome 2.2, is supposed to be compat. w/RH 8.0 (right now, ximian desktop
is onlt fully ported to 7.x -you only get gnome 2.o stuff with their
desktop for 8.0.  Anyone been playing with this? gnome 2.2 looks and
works far better than 2.0, and I'd love to hear from anyone who has been
able to make this work. I've even thought of going over to FVWM and
laying gnome 2.2 over that, (Ive read it's possible) and using .Xsession
instead of Gnome-session. But this is dicey, too.or do I have to wait
with the rest of the world for new distros. How windoze-esque that would
be!
 Thanks, Folks.
--
Jim Wilferling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>