On Vi, 2003-03-21 at 15:11, Samah Ibrahim wrote:
> I'm trying to configure apache to work with PHP ,
> I added the following line to the file httpd.conf : AddType
> application/x-httpd-php4 .php4,
> but it didn't work, any useful ideas?
What version of Red Hat Linux are you using? Your apache and php are
from rpm or source?
If apache is from rpm, this directory
/etc/httpd/conf.d/
should have php.conf which contains

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter handle files with a .php extension.
#
<Files *.php>
    SetOutputFilter PHP
    SetInputFilter PHP
    LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php

(this could also be in httpd.conf, but it's more clear this way).
Seems like you don't have LoadModule now.