From: Joe Polk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 4:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: System Drops off Network

I've seen funky problems with 3COM NIC's on Linux in the past, so don't
discount it.

<<JAV>>

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 18:12, Dan Donathan wrote:

It drops and does not come back until a reboot. Will check on

ifconfig. NIC is a 3Com 3C905C, worked no problem in Windows for a year. I don't suspect the NIC.

Thanks.

-----Original Message----- From: nate [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tue 3/18/2003 3:08 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: Subject: Re: System Drops off Network

        Dan Donathan said:
        > Hello All,
        >
        > List newbie. Excuse any faux pas.
        >
        > I have a system that ran Windows 2000 and all the trimmings.

Now that RHL

> 8.0 is loaded, it randomly drops off the network. The system

doesn't lock

> and I can't seem to find any correlation looking at the system

logs. One

> suspicion I've had is that it's related to the Red Hat

Network, but I

        > haven't had a chance to look into that. Any ideas?

        does it drop off and come back eventually by itself? or no? what

does

ifconfig show when it drops off? what kind of network card? is

the link

        light on when the system is 'dropped' off the network or not?

        nate