On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:51:49PM +0100, Julien Olivier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm an almost happy Emacs user. What I really LOVE in emacs is the fact
> that you can automatically indent code using TAB (by automatically I
> mean that you press TAB once and the code is put at the correct columne,
> without needing to press TAB several times).
>
> The problem is that Emacs has some bugs/problems:
>  - It can't open files located in non-UTF paths.
>  - It has weird keybindings (CTRL-W to cut, CTRL-Y to paste, nothing to
> copy, F10-f-s to save, F10-f-e to exit...)
>  - There is no way to make a search or to repeat this search using a key
> combination.
>  - It uses the X11 clipboard so that you can't select something and
> paste over it.
>  - Selecting several lines of code and pressing a key to REPLACE the
> selected characters doesn't work
>
> So my question is: is there any other code editor with the auto-indent
> feature and which doesn't have the bugs I wrote upper ? Or,
> alternatively, is there something like kvim (a vim module for KDE) but
> using GNOME and Emacs ?

Emacs is the most programmable editor on the planet.  You can write a
macro to make it do anything you want it to do.  All the keybindings are
re-programmable.   Just read the docs and start hacking! :-)

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an