On 05:29 23 Mar 2003, Michael Mansour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > recognize!
| > recognize!
| > |
| > | ??  in fstab... do you have auto in the cdrom
| > line???
| >
| > I'm more inclined to think he has an audio CD in the
| > drive, not a data CD.
|
| The cd drive is empty actually... I thought it had
| something to do with the KDE automounter always
| checking the cd drive to see if something is in it?

Hmm, yes. Sounds likely to me, though you'd expect a better message;
CD drives happily return a sane "no medium" error. Sounds like magicdev
is being unhelpful in its messages. If it's magicdev, which I think it is.

I always disable magicdev and just use an entry in my automounter for
the CD, so when you know there's a data disc in it you can just "cd
/mnt/cdrom" and it gets mounted then. Not probing in the background.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

We Americans *pretend* 55 is the speed limit, ... but it clearly isn't the
real speed limit, since nobody, including the police, actually drives that
slowly, except people wearing hats in the left lane.    - Dave Barry