I tried to run the redhat-config-xfree86 utility and it gets as far as making the
mouse icon an arrow.  Progress!  :)  As for the XF86Config, it is the default file
generated by Anaconda at install.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/25/03 08:40AM >>>
I am still a very much Linux newbie, so treat this info accordingly:

You can try to see whether your /etc/X11/XF86Config is configured
correctly. Also try using redhat-config-xfree86 to try to config your X
correctly.

I have Redhat 8.0 on a Inpiron as well with X working OK. If you want I
can e-mail my XF86Config (send me an e-mail directly so as not to
overload the list).

Reg,

--

*Eduardo Silva*