Eduardo, you the man!  thanks for sending me your config file offline.  I'm up and
running after modifying it to use my Intel 815 rather than the ATI Rage 128 Mobility
in yours.  It's up and running.  I'll have to dig a bit deaper to find the exact
error.

Thanks to you too Jon.  I appreciate y'alls help!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/25/03 08:40AM >>>
I am still a very much Linux newbie, so treat this info accordingly:

You can try to see whether your /etc/X11/XF86Config is configured
correctly. Also try using redhat-config-xfree86 to try to config your X
correctly.

I have Redhat 8.0 on a Inpiron as well with X working OK. If you want I
can e-mail my XF86Config (send me an e-mail directly so as not to
overload the list).

Reg,

--

*Eduardo Silva*